HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We limit our collection of personal information to information relevant to the purposes described in the "How We Use Your Information" section below.
Information You Provide To us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites, shop in our stores, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, request a catalog, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support (live, email or otherwise or otherwise communicate with us. Providing your personal information to us is voluntary, however, if you do not provide some or all of the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services or information.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a "wish list" or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect, and use third parties to collect and share with us, certain information about you when you access or use our websites or transact business with us, including:
- Log and Clickstream Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
We analyze this information to understand how you and others use our websites. This helps us improve the services we offer and better understand our customers’ needs. We may also give anonymous statistics about visitors to other, reputable organizations, but the information we provide will not include details that would allow these organizations to identify you.
Information We Collect from Our Partners and Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from our courier partners when they cannot deliver a package to you or when there is a change of address.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see “Choices That You Have” below;
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- We do not use personal information for purposes incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected unless those purposes are subsequently authorized by you.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and it allows us to serve you better, but we are not in the business of selling information or data to others. We share customer information only as described below and with our subsidiaries and affiliates that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, agents, consultants, individuals, companies and other service providers that we employ and who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, with your consent;
- If we believe information disclosure is appropriate to comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, including to meet public safety, national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe information disclosure is appropriate or necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
WE MAY LINK TO OTHER SITES
To enhance your shopping experience, our website may include links to other third-party sites. Those websites have their own privacy and cookie policies, and we urge you to read them. They control how your personal information is used when you give it to these other organizations or they collect it with cookies. We do not approve any other websites and we are not responsible for any information, material, products or services that are on or accessible through those websites or for the privacy practices of websites run by other organizations. If you use these other websites you do so at your own risk.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our websites are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children, and all children's products we sell are for purchase by adults only.
Online Account Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging in to your account and navigating to the "My Account" page or by contacting email@example.com. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You have the option to join our mailing list and consent to receive marketing or promotional information from us. To opt out of promotional emails and text messages follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact customer service at email@example.com. Please allow approximately 10 business days for any opt-out requests to be processed.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals.
October 19, 2017.