• Why we collect information.
• How we collect it.
• What we collect.
• How we share it.
• How we maintain and protect it.
• How you may access and update it.
Why we collect information for business purposes
We collect information to provide better services to all of our customers.
We collect information to offer you tailored content – which may include ads.
We collect information to provide, maintain, protect and improve the services we offer to you and to develop new services, including to protect against security threats, abuse, and illegal activity.
We collect information to protect our services and our users.
We collect information to communicate with you, including advertising of our products to you.
We collect information to satisfy applicable laws or regulations and to disclose information in response to legal process or government requests, including from law enforcement.
How we collect information
We collect information in three ways:
Information you give us. For example, you may choose to sign up for an account with us or make a purchase of our products. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or shipping address.
Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit different areas of our website or you view and interact with our ads and content. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our services. We collect information when you are signed into your account with us and when you are not signed in. When you’re not signed in, we store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to your browser, application, or device you’re using. When you are signed in, we also store the information with your account.
Information you share. Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including our services. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
What information we collect
The information we collect includes:
Identifiers that allow us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of our services.
Demographic Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of services you might like. This may include location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; information collected from social media interactions; statistical information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
Internet, network, and other activity information about how you interact with our services, such as your user id; password; services you use; information about how you use our services; and how you interact with our services, business partners and service providers.
Information We Collect from Others about you from trusted partners, including marketing partners who provide us with information about potential customers and security partners who provide us with information to protect against abuse.
Log information we automatically collect and store in server logs, when you use our services or view content provided by our services. This includes:
• details of how you used our service, such as your search queries, information and pages you access, and purchase history.
• device-specific information such as unique identifiers (a string of characters that can be used to uniquely identify a browser, app, or device), browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number.
• Internet protocol address and the date, time, and referrer URL when your browser or app contacts our servers.
We use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies and server logs.
How we share and process information
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of our services unless one of the following circumstances apply:
With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of our services when we have your consent to do so.
For legal reasons. We will share personal information with outside companies, organizations or individuals, if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
• detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our services, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
How we maintain and protect personal information
We work hard to protect our services and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to our services employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it, and how you configure your settings:
• Some data you can change or delete whenever you like, such as your account profile information.
• Other data is deleted or anonymized automatically after a set period of time, such as information in our server logs.
• We keep other data until you delete your account with us, such as information about how often you use our services.
• And some data we retain for longer periods of time when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.
We use servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy. We also comply with applicable legal frameworks relating to the transfer of data.
We do not sell your personal information.
We do not disclose our users’ personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How you may access and update personal information
From our website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you may request:
• the categories of information that we have collected and hold
• that we correct personal information we have collected and hold
• that we delete your personal information entirely
• the sources from which we may have collected your personal information.
• The identities of third parties with which your personal information was shared during the preceding calendar year.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete copies from our active servers and may not remove residual information from our backup systems.
Our services are not directed to children under the age of 13.
We use automated systems that analyze your information to provide you with things like customized search results, personalized ads, or other features tailored to how you use our services. Our order processor uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud. These automated systems do not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, our services do not respond to them.
Effective: August 1, 2021